Warburton dating sex dating in southton texas
To the east lie Dunham Town, Dunham Massey, Bowdon and Altrincham, with Little Bollington to the south, and Partington and Urmston to the north.
The local geology is lower keuper marl, with a ridge of sand and gravel running from Warburton to Dunham.
The north western corner of the township was used as a deer park.
The high-level cantilever bridge crosses the Manchester Ship Canal on the B5159 road, connecting the A57 with the A6144, and was commissioned under the Rixton & Warburton Bridge Act 1863.
The original stone bridge spanned the River Mersey prior to its later diversion into the Manchester Ship Canal.
Before the Norman conquest, the area was controlled by the Anglo-Saxon thegn Aelfward.
Although the Domesday Book records no church in Warburton, it is possible that the church dedicated to Saint Werburgh is pre-Conquest.
The omission of the church may not be significant, as not all pre-Conquest churches or chapels were recorded in the Domesday survey.