Munroe falls ohio and dating
Munroe Falls is located in eastern Summit County adjacent to the cities of Stow to the north, Tallmadge to the south, and Cuyahoga Falls to the west with the village of Silver Lake on the northwest.
It is a suburb of Akron and is part of the Akron Metropolitan Statistical Area. When the Western Reserve began being surveyed in 1796, what is now Munroe Falls was mostly in the southern part of the survey township Town 3, Range 10 (later to be Stow Township), then a part of Washington County before being placed in the new Jefferson County the following year.
In 1800, it was made part of Trumbull County, which followed the boundaries of the Western Reserve, and in 1808, the area was made part of Portage County.
Around 1836, William and Edmund Munroe (also spelled Monroe) from Boston arrived and purchased the two mills and approximately 250 acres (101 ha) of land around them to lay out a new village, which they named Munroe Falls.
The Munroes had great plans for the village to become a center of commerce and an important city, but these plans never worked out.
After about 10 years, which included the economic instability of the Panic of 1837, In 1866, the old gristmill was purchased by the Cleveland Paper Company and refitted for paper manufacturing.